TCJAX has exerted every reasonable effort to provide complete, current and correct information to you in a concise manner. As information does change over time, you may wish to confirm the accuracy of the content on this site by contacting us.
Code of Conduct
Personal and Professional Integrity
All members, board members and volunteers of the organization act with honesty, integrity and openness in all their dealings as representatives of the organization. The organization promotes a networking environment that values respect, fairness and integrity.
Statement of Values
Any code of ethics is built on a foundation of widely shared values.
- Commitment to the public good;
- Accountability to the public;
- Commitment beyond the law;
- Respect for the worth and dignity of individuals;
- Inclusiveness and social justice;
- Respect for pluralism and diversity;
- Transparency, integrity and honesty;
- Responsible stewardship of resources; and,
- Commitment to excellence and to maintaining the public trust.
Code of Conduct by all members
Participation in the organization’s programs is subject to the observance of the organization’s rules and procedures. The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited. Any participant or staff member who violates this Code is subject to action, up to and including removal from the program.
- Abusive language towards a staff member, volunteer or another participant.
- Possession or use of illegal drugs on at TCJAX Events or reporting to the program while under the influence of drugs.
- Bringing onto TCJAX dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons or other similar items.
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow participant, member, guest or volunteer.
- Verbal, physical or visual harassment of another participant, member, guest or volunteer.
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others.
- Failure to follow any TCJAX policy or procedure.
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant.
- Participating in unwanted solicitation toward any member, guest or volunteer.
Code of Conduct by Board and Committee Members
As a member of the board team, I will:
- Listen carefully to my fellow members.
- Respect the opinion of my fellow board members.
- Respect and support the majority decisions of the board.
- Recognize that all authority is vested in the full board only when it meets in legal session.
- Keep well-informed of developments relevant to issues that may come before the board.
- Participate actively in board meetings and actions.
- Bring to the attention of the board any issues that I believe will have an adverse effect on the organization or those we serve.
- Attempt to interpret the needs of those we serve to the organization and interpret the actions of the organization to those we serve.
- Refer complaints to the proper level in the chain of command.
- Recognize that my job is to ensure that the organization is well-managed, not to manage the organization.
- Represent all those whom this organization serves and not a particular geographic area or interest group.
- Consider myself a “trustee” of the organization and do my best to ensure that it is well-maintained, financially secure; growing and always operating in the best interest of those we serve.
As a member of the board or committee team, I will not:
- Criticize fellow board members or their opinions in or out of the boardroom.
- Discuss the confidential proceedings of the board outside the boardroom.
- Promise how I will vote on any issue before a meeting.
- Interfere with the duties of the chief staff executive or undermine his/her authority with staff members
By applying to become a member of TCJAX, you agree to receive updates regarding events, club initiatives and club members. You may opt out of receiving these notices at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of a TCJAX email message.
Memberships and Events
All sales are final and non-refundable. Memberships are not transferable.
All web pages, text, graphics, photography and videos within this site are Copyright 2014-2019 by TCJAX with all rights reserved. The web pages, licensed content and services within this site or linked from this website are, in turn, copyrighted by their respective authors who have reserved similar rights. No person or entity may reproduce or transmit any part of this site without first having obtained permission of TCJAX.
This website collects and retains two kinds of information about site visitors: 1) anonymous information that is collected automatically and does not identify any specific person, such as which pages on the site are visited and what web browser versions are being used to visit the site; and 2) information you voluntarily submit as part of a membership application or event ticket order. Anonymous information that is collected is intended to help serve you better, such as making popular pages more easily accessible. Information you submit voluntarily is used in the administration and management of the organization.
TCJAX will not disclose personally identifiable information to third parties, other than service providers who are bound to use the information only to assist us in such areas as data storage and order processing. Your credit card information is never stored on our site.
In addition, we have taken commercially standard and reasonable precautions to protect the information that is stored on the site. However, because security measures are not infallible, we cannot guarantee that electronically stored user information will never be stolen, hacked or viewed by unauthorized persons. We maintain notification procedures as part of our information security policy, to be used in the event of a data security breach. If such a breach occurs, we will notify you as soon as possible via the email address you have provided to us.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us.